Board logo

標題: designer handbags on clearance Dogs [打印本頁]

作者: jqzwup5032    時間: 2017-2-6 08:20     標題: designer handbags on clearance Dogs

000 board designed by a New York City graffiti artist
Kip Malone
The Master Shapers Building the World’s Best Rock Climbing Holds
Pinches.?These guys do. (It even tells you what percentage of the run your friends have completed.A new app called SkiLynx,beige and pink coach purse, Did you hear that?" our 12-year-old son Skyler exclaimed
"Yeah Sounds like a 250-pound man doing a cannonball" my husband Peter guessed
We were taking a rest inside our floating cabin at the Uacari Lodge in the Brazilian Amazon Connected by a boardwalk were five thatched bungalows a two-story central house and some outbuildings each on their own raft floating on a tributary of the Rio Solimoes In front of the main house a square hole had been cut through the deck to create a pool A netted pool That was a good thing Wed soon find out what we could have been swimming with It was rapidly becoming clear that we were in territory where the wildlife ruled
Great "ka-thunk" sounds were happening all around us Hurrying out onto the porch we saw a finned tail curl and whiplash the surface of the water It belonged to a Pirarucu a ten-foot-long fish that wed seen in the market in Manaus the one whose scales are sold for fingernail files It was coming up to breathe In addition to gills Pirarucu have a swim bladder allowing them to extract oxygen from the air This unusual adaptation to oxygen-poor water in the Amazonian floodplains would seem to be an advantage but instead it required every few minutes what appeared to be a thrashingly desperate act of survival
But the "ka-thunks" werent the only strange sound here in the Mamiraua Eco Reserve (the first of its kind in the state of Amazonas) There was that low otherworldly roar like an icy wind howling through cavernous medieval halls; Red Howler Monkeys marking their territories constantly it seemed Dark skies above the Uacari Lodge in Mamiraua Eco Reserve   Photo: Amy Ragsdale We didnt see the Caimin until the next day when they surrounded our shallow-sided canoe The semi-submersionrevealing only two nostrils followed a foot or more away by two glassy eyes and a strip of scaly backis part of what gives them their stealthy quality but really I think its their glide; that pulse-less swimming the skimming silence of it
We went out again in a motorboat that night In the dark Eduardoone of two English-speaking biology students from Southern Brazil who were our main guidesscanned the river with a powerful flashlight looking for obstacles in the water The eyes of the Caimin those trench-coated undercover agents glowed red
"I counted 13 that time" whispered Skyler
Despite this the reserve is a tranquil place A place where there is a lot of hunting going on quiet focused hunting A lot of stalking a lot of stillness It's surprising to see how fast the Caimin can cruise because more often they seem to be stopped probably knowing its the motion that gives them away But they're not the only ones on the prowl The Anhinga an underwater diving bird paddles silently with webbed feet then unexpectedly slides backwards under the water to emerge somewhere else neck first actually only the neck a pulsing snake-like periscope The elegant Egrets ride tall and white on electric- green floating meadows still lives on a conveyor belt of tall grass waiting watching
Between the hulking carnivorous Pirarucu the diving Anhinga plummeting Kingfishers strafing Large-billed Terns and stealthily cruising Caimin being a small fish in the Amazon must be risky business I wondered where we fit in I felt pleased our kids were seeing a world where we were as humans so clearly not in charge
I yearned to sit in the hammocks on our porch and immerse myself in the quiet but we had a schedule Up at six out by seven back by twelve lunch out at three back by seven dinner after-dinner activity Skyler and Molly check out the Uacari Lodge pool   Photo: Amy Ragsdale When Bianca our other guide said the purpose of the night walk was "to experience the night life" I laughed Sounds like a party in Salvador I love walking in woods at night eyes wide ears open antennae alert At least I had until here when I heard the guide urgently hissing "muito venenoso venenoso" It doesnt take any language skill to figure out what that means when its attached to "Cobra" I was in the front behind the local guide when he spotted the snake by the side of the path with his flashlight I couldnt really tell you what it looked like since I was mostly backing up "rapidamente" as Id been instructed to He had that excited tight sound in his voice that you dont question "Sirucucu sirucucu" Funny that was the snake the Fer-de-lance also known as a Pit Viper also known as the most venomous snake in the Amazon that wed just been talking about our 16-year-old daughter Molly and I
Paddling our canoe earlier that afternoon Molly's and my Portuguese-speaking local-village guide Almir said off

歡迎光臨 FreeBBS (http://7seven.freebbs.tw/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0